Liberon Pure Tung Oil provides a hard wearing finish that is ideal for surfaces such as kitchen worktops. Pure Tung Oil, with no added dryers, is a natural, non toxic product which can be used on toys and objects in contact with food. Being a penetrating oil it allows the wood to age gracefully and develop a natural patina.
- Premium, pure and natural oil for wood care
- Provides a long lasting matt finish
- Water, Heat and Alcohol resistant
- Ideal for use on food contact surfaces i.e Kitchen worktops, Chopping boards
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Recommended for use on external Oak
- EN71 Approved safe for toys
Cleaning and Maintenance
Pure Tung Oil must be maintained on a regular basis. Apply at least once or twice a year or more if required, depending upon exposing to the weather and the usage. On exposed external timbers it is important to apply sufficient coats of oil to give the initial protection. 24 Hours between coats, 4 days final.
Store Pure Tung Oil at a Temperature above 5°C. Always replace the lid otherwise the oil can deteriorate, If the excess is not removed and surface becomes sticky, wipe with White Spirit to remove the sticky film and allow to dry before continuing. Tung Oil is extracted from nuts and may cause allergic reaction.
Finishing Oil is available in 250ml, 500ml and 1L. With a mimum drying time of 5 Hours.